A guitar recital from the Croatian virtuosa classical guitarist Ana Vidović. She plays Paganini, Bach, Ponce, Walton and Torroba. Enjoy.
- Niccolò Paganini – Grande Sonata @00:00
- Allegro Risoluto
- Andantino Variato
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Violin Sonata No.1 in G minor, BWV 1001 @16:01
- Manuel María Ponce – Sonatina Meridional @29:42
- William Walton – Five Bagatelles @38:06
- Alla Cubana
- -No title-
- Con Slancio
- Federico Moreno Torroba – Sonatina @51:02
Ana Vidović (born 8 November 1980, Karlovac, Croatia) is a Croatian virtuosa classical guitarist. A child prodigy, she started playing guitar at the age of five, inspired by her brother Viktor. Her father was an electric guitar player. She began performing at the age of 8 and by the age of 11 she was performing internationally, and at 13 became the youngest student to attend the prestigious Academy of Music in Zagreb where she studied with Professor Istvan Romer. She has given over one thousand public performances since first taking the stage in 1988. Vidović’s reputation in Europe led to an invitation to study at the Peabody Conservatory in Baltimore, U.S., with Manuel Barrueco, from where she graduated in May 2003. She has lived in the United States since, where she also works as a private tutor.
Vidović plays a Jim Redgate guitar exclusively and has said, “When I got it and began to play, I immediately knew that this was the instrument that I want to be playing for a long time.”
She has released 6 CDs published by Croatia Records, BGS, and Naxos and has released two DVDs published by Mel Bay publications.
Vidović has won an impressive number of prizes and international competitions all over the world. These include first prizes in the Albert Augustine International Competition in Bath, England, the Fernando Sor competition in Rome, Italy, and the Francisco Tárrega competition in Benicasim, Spain. Other top prizes include the Eurovision Young Musicians competition, the Mauro Giuliani competition in Italy, the Printemps de la Guitare in Belgium, and the Young Concert Artists International Auditions in New York. The Gramophone remarked on her “extraordinary dexterity”.
- Buying a grand piano: reasons why it’s worth it - February 27, 2021
- Bach – Concerto in A minor for four harpsichords, BWV 1065 (Netherlands Bach Society) - January 15, 2021
- Castelnuovo-Tedesco: Guitar Concerto No. 1 (Viloteau, Sala, and John Williams versions) - October 12, 2020