Vivaldi’s Concerto for violin, strings, and figured bass in E minor, “Il
Antonio Vivaldi’s Il Favorito
“Il Favorito,” RV 277 is the Concerto No. 2 for violin, strings, and figured bass in E minor, of Antonio Vivaldi’s “Six Concertos, Op. 11”, which was presented by the composer to the Holy Roman Emperor Charles VI.
- Violin: Monica Huggett, Owen Dalby, Liv Heym, Daniel Lee, Francis Liu, Adriane Post, Beth Wenstrom
- Viola: Kyle Miller
- Cello: Hannah Collins, Ezra Seltzer
- Bass: Wen Yang
- Harpsichord: Jeffrey Grossman
New York Baroque Incorporated
New York Baroque Incorporated is an orchestra of young players with no conductor, on period instruments in New York City, bringing vital, informed, and fresh performances of a wide range of 17th and 18th-century repertoire, and creating a vibrant landscape for collaborations between historical performance and living composers. Since its creation, NYBI has received critical praise for its virtuosity, and was lauded by The New York Times for its “do-it-yourself spirit.”
Monica Huggett (born 16 May 1953 in London, England) is a British conductor and leading baroque violinist.
- New York Baroque Incorporated official webpage
- Monica Huggett on Wikipedia
- The Three Tenors: My Way, Moon River, Because, and Singin’ in the Rain [A Tribute to Hollywood] - June 8, 2023
- Brahms: Violin Concerto [María Dueñas] - June 4, 2023
- Rachmaninoff: Prelude in C-sharp minor [Evgeny Kissin] - June 3, 2023