Conducted by Nathalie Stutzmann, the Orquestra Sinfônica do Estado de São Paulo plays Felix Mendelssohn’s Symphony No. 1 in C minor, Op. 11. Recorded at Sala São Paulo, Brazil, 21 November 2013.
Felix Mendelssohn’s Symphony No. 1
The work was completed on March 31, 1824, when the composer was only 15 years old. But the autographed score was not published until 1831. The symphony was dedicated to the Royal Philharmonic Society, who performed the London première on May 25, 1829, with Mendelssohn conducting.
The symphony is in four movements:
- Allegro di molto (C minor, 4/4, sonata form)
- Andante (E-flat major, 3/4)
- Menuetto: Allegro molto (C minor, 6/4, ternary form, with a trio firstly in A-flat major and later in C minor)
- Allegro con fuoco (C minor, 4/4, sonata form, ending in C major)
- Pavarotti sings Di Quella Pira at the Madison Square Garden, New York  - October 1, 2023
- Mozart: Symphony No. 35 “Haffner” [Bernard Haitink, Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra] - September 30, 2023
- Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 5 “Emperor” [Rosalía Gómez Lasheras] - September 28, 2023