Accompanied by the Munich Philharmonic Orchestra, Daniel Barenboim performs Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat minor, Op. 23. Conductor: Sergiu Celibidache. Recorded at the Gasteig (Philharmonie, München) in 1991.
Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 1
The concerto follows the traditional form of three movements:
- Allegro non troppo e molto maestoso – Allegro con spirito (B flat minor – B flat major)
- Andantino semplice – Allegro vivace assai/Prestissimo (D flat major)
- Allegro con fuoco (B flat minor – B flat major)
The title cut from Pink Martini’s 2009 album Splendor in the Grass employs the famous theme from the first movement.
- Piano Concerto No. 1 (Tchaikovsky) on Wikipedia
- Pavarotti sings Fra poco a me ricovero [Milano, 1990] - December 5, 2023
- Smetana: The Moldau (Vltava) [Radio Filharmonisch Orkest, Urbański] - December 4, 2023
- Chopin: Ballade No. 4 [Sophie Druml] - December 2, 2023