Accompanied by the NHK Symphony Orchestra (a Japanese broadcast orchestra based in Tokyo), Argentine classical concert pianist Martha Argerich performs Frédéric Chopin’s Piano Concerto No. 1 in E minor, Op. 11. Conductor: Charles Édouard Dutoit. Recorded on November 21, 1996.
Chopin’s Piano Concerto No. 1 in E minor, Op. 11
Chopin composed this piece in 1830 when he was only twenty years old. It was first performed on 11 October of that year, in Warsaw, during one of his “farewell” concerts before leaving Poland, with the composer himself as the soloist.
It was actually written after the premiere of what was later published as Piano Concerto No. 2. But, the piece was the first of Chopin’s two piano concertos to be published and was therefore given the designation of Piano Concerto “No. 1” at the time of publication.
The concerto contains three movements:
- Allegro maestoso
- Romanze – Larghetto (E major)
- Rondo – Vivace in E major
- Piano Concerto No. 1 (Chopin) on Wikipedia
- Marcello: Oboe Concerto [Cameristi della Scala] - March 26, 2023
- Maxim Vengerov and Daughter perform “Adagio” from Alessandro Marcello’s Oboe Concerto - March 24, 2023
- Dvořák: Cello Concerto [Ella van Poucke] - March 22, 2023