Notos Quartett performs the Piano Quartet in E flat major, Op. 47, by Robert Schumann. Recorded live in Madrid Auditorio Sony on October 16th, 2015.
Sindri Lederer – violin
Andrea Burger – viola
Philip Graham – cello
Antonia Köster – piano
Musicians’ web site: notosquartett.de
The piano quartet was written in 1842. It has been described as the “creative double” of Schumann’s Piano Quintet, also in E-flat major. It is one of the most frequently performed and recorded piano quartets in the standard repertoire.
The piece is in four movements. With starting times in the video:
- 00:00 Sostenuto assai – Allegro ma non troppo
- 09:35 Scherzo: Molto vivace – Trio I – Trio II
- 10:31 Andante cantabile
- 20:15 Finale: Vivace
- Piano Quartet (Schumann) on wikipedia
- Buying a grand piano: reasons why it’s worth it - February 27, 2021
- Bach – Concerto in A minor for four harpsichords, BWV 1065 (Netherlands Bach Society) - January 15, 2021
- Castelnuovo-Tedesco: Guitar Concerto No. 1 (Viloteau, Sala, and John Williams versions) - October 12, 2020