Conducted by Christopher Hogwood, The Academy of Ancient Music performs Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s symphony No. 26 in E♭ major, K. 184/161a.
The piece was completed on March 30, 1773, when Mozart was 17 years old, one month after he returned from his third Italian tour.
The symphony has the scoring of two flutes, two oboes, two bassoons, two horns, two trumpets and strings. There are three movements with the third following the second without pause:
- Molto presto, common time
- Andante in C minor, 2/4
- Allegro, 3/8
- Symphony No. 26 (Mozart) on wikipedia
- Pavarotti sings Fra poco a me ricovero [Milano, 1990] - December 5, 2023
- Smetana: The Moldau (Vltava) [Radio Filharmonisch Orkest, Urbański] - December 4, 2023
- Chopin: Ballade No. 4 [Sophie Druml] - December 2, 2023