Ukrainian classical pianist Anna Fedorova plays Étude Op. 25, No. 11 in A minor, a solo piano technical study composed by Frédéric Chopin in 1836. The piece is often referred to as the Winter Wind in English and literarily Seasoned Plants in some other languages.
- Camera: Kamil Klapsa, Aleksandra Wróbel, Natalia Zahora, Mateusz Zahora
- Editing: Kamil Klapsa
- Corrections: Mateusz Papiernik
- Sound Engineer: Grigoriy Mokritskiy
- Camera Equipment: Krzysztof Paczyński, Mateusz Zahora
- Producer: Mateusz Zahora
The piece is a study for developing stamina, dexterity, and technique – essential skills for any concert pianist. It begins with a piano introduction to the main melody. The first theme follows, consisting of tumultuous cascades of semiquaver-tuplets (sixteenth-note-tuplets) and a leaping figure for the left hand in the relative major, C major, which shortly segues into a repetition of the first theme. It finishes with a short development into a fortissimo coda and ends with one final statement of the theme.
Related: Chopin – Winter Wind [Evgeny Kissin]
- Étude Op. 25, No. 11 (Chopin) on Wikipedia
- Brahms: Violin Concerto [María Dueñas] - June 4, 2023
- Rachmaninoff: Prelude in C-sharp minor [Evgeny Kissin] - June 3, 2023
- Chopin: Piano Concerto No. 1 [Lucas Jussen] - June 1, 2023