European Union Baroque Orchestra (EUBO) performs Antonio Vivaldi’s Concerto in D minor, RV 565. The piece is actually Concerto No. 11 from L’estro armonico (the harmonic inspiration), Antonio Vivaldi’s Op. 3, is a set of 12 concertos for stringed instruments. The concerti were first published in Amsterdam in 1711. Recorded in 2011 in Modena. Director & violin: Enrico Onofri, Concertmaster: Johannes Pramsohler.
- Allegro – Adagio e spiccato – Allegro
- Largo e spiccato (aka Siciliano)
European Union Baroque Orchestra
Founded in 1985 as a major initiative of European Music Year to celebrate the 300th anniversaries of three great baroque musicians, Johann Sebastian Bach, Domenico Scarlatti and George Frideric Handel, the European Union Baroque Orchestra (EUBO) is a training initiative which allows young performers of baroque music from all over the European Union to gain orchestral experience as part of their career development, to bridge the gap between conservatoire study and a professional career. The orchestra performs at many of Europe’s finest music festivals and concert halls. The success of the project, under the direction of the world’s most eminent baroque musicians, can be measured in the number of ex-EUBO members who now play in Europe’s leading baroque orchestras.
- Bizet/Waxman/Kugel: Carmen Fantasie [Dana Zemtsov & Anna Fedorova] - January 28, 2023
- Dowland: In Darkness Let Me Dwell [Jaroussky, Garcia] - January 28, 2023
- Beethoven: Moonlight Sonata (Full) [Eric Zivian, fortepiano] - January 21, 2023