Conducted by Edward Gardner, the Radio Filharmonisch Orkest (Netherlands Radio Philharmonic Orchestra) performs Sergei Rachmaninoff’s Symphonic Dances, Op. 45, an orchestral suite in three movements. Completed in 1940, it is Rachmaninoff’s last composition. Recorded on December 18, 2011 at the Main Hall of the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam. Published by AVROTROS Klassiek.
The work is scored for an orchestra of piccolo, 2 flutes, 2 oboes, cor anglais, 2 clarinets, bass clarinet, alto saxophone, 2 bassoons, contrabassoon, 4 horns, 3 trumpets, 3 trombones, tuba, timpani, triangle, tambourine, side drum, cymbals, bass drum, tamtam, xylophone, glockenspiel, tubular bells, harp, piano, and strings.
With the starting times in the video:
- 00:00 Non allegro (C minor – C major)
- 12:10 Andante con moto (Tempo di valse) (G minor)
- 23:15 Lento assai – Allegro vivace – Lento assai. Come prima – Allegro vivace. (D minor – D major)
- Symphonic Dances (Rachmaninoff) on wikipedia
Latest posts by M. Özgür Nevres (see all)
- Stutzmann & Jaroussky – Recording Handel duet “Son nata a lagrimar” - September 14, 2019
- Bach: Harpsichord Concerto No.1 (Jean Rondeau) - August 24, 2019
- Bach – Matthäus Passion: Erbarme dich (Guillon) - August 4, 2019