Here are the top ten most viewed posts on andantemoderato.com in July 2015. Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 1 (Daniel Barenboim and Zubin Mehta) is on top of the list.
Click to see Top Ten posts of June 2015
Click to see Top Ten posts of August 2015
- Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 1 (Daniel Barenboim and Zubin Mehta)
1,044 views in July 2015
Daniel Barenboim plays Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat minor, Op. 23. Zubin Mehta conducts Berliner Philharmoniker (The Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra) in this 1990’s live outdoor concert. The sound and acoustics are well preserved for this not unexpectedly, excellent performance by Barenboim.
- Mario Lanza Sings Ave Maria (Schubert)
457 views in July 2015
The great American tenor with Italian origin, Mario Lanza sings Ave Maria by Franz Schubert. The video is from the 1956 movie “Serenade”.
- Pavarotti Sings Nessun Dorma (Puccini)
408 views in July 2015
Luciano Pavarotti sings Nessun dorma, a very famous tenor aria from Giacomo Puccini’s (22 December 1858 – 29 November 1924) opera Turandot. Milan, at the 1990 FIFA world cup presentation concert.
- José Carreras Sings En Aranjuez Con Tu Amor
366 views in July 2015
Spanish tenor José Carreras sings “En Aranjuez con tu Amor” in the studio, a song by Alfredo Garcia Segura (1929 – 2003), based on the second part (Adagio) of Joaquín Rodrigo’s Concierto de Aranjuez. The song title means “In Aranjuez With Your Love” in English. The Angel Orchestra of London, conducted by Michael Reed.
- Young Pavarotti Sings La Donna È Mobile in Moscow, 1964
320 views in July 2015
Year 1964, in Moscow, 29-year-old Luciano Pavarotti sings the famous canzone from the beginning of act 3 of Giuseppe Verdi’s opera Rigoletto, “La Donna è Mobile”. He was not “the king” yet.
- Vivaldi – Mandolin Concerto In C Major (Il Giardino Armonico)
316 views in July 2015
Italian early music ensemble Il Giardino Armonico plays one of the most famous mandolin pieces; Antonio Vivaldi’s Mandolin Concerto in C major, RV 425. A really good rendition, enjoy!
- Maria Callas Sings Habanera From Carmen
309 views in July 2015
Maria Callas – “La Diva” sings Habanera from Georges Bizet’s 1875 opera Carmen. At Covent garden, 1962.
- Eleni Karaindrou – Adagio
308 views in July 2015
“Adagio” (Father’s Theme) by the Greek composer Eleni Karaindrou, from the Theo Angelopoulos movie “Landscape in the Mist” (1988). She is best known for scoring the films of director Theo Angelopoulos. Oboe: Vangelis Christopoulos. Concert Hall of Athens (March 27, 2005).
- Guadalupe Pineda with Los Tres Ases – Historia De Un Amor
285 views in July 2015
Famous Mexican singer Guadalupe Pineda and Mexican music trio Los Tres Ases (The Three Aces) sings “Historia De Un Amor” (English: a love story), a song by Panamanian songwriter Carlos Eleta Almarán.
- Anna Netrebko and Elīna Garanča – Belle Nuit, Ô Nuit D’amour (Offenbach’s Barcarolle)
253 views in July 2015
Russian operatic soprano Anna Netrebko and Latvian operatic lyric mezzo-soprano Elīna Garanča sing German-born French composer Jacques Offenbach’s Belle nuit, ô nuit d’amour, commonly known as Offenbach’s Barcarolle. It is a duet for soprano and mezzo-soprano from The Tales of Hoffmann, Jacques Offenbach’s final opera The piece is widely regarded as the most famous barcarolleever written. The lyrics, concerning the beauty of the night and of love, is by Jules Barbier.
- Buying a grand piano: reasons why it’s worth it - February 27, 2021
- Bach – Concerto in A minor for four harpsichords, BWV 1065 (Netherlands Bach Society) - January 15, 2021
- Castelnuovo-Tedesco: Guitar Concerto No. 1 (Viloteau, Sala, and John Williams versions) - October 12, 2020