- Vivaldi – Gloria (RV 589) – Vivaldi’s Women
Vivaldi’s Women (Schola Pietatis Antonio Vivaldi) in an all-female performance of the Gloria at the Church of the Pietà in Venice. The tenors and basses are in the north cantoria (organ side, right) with the sopranos and contraltos facing them on the left. The orchestra (the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment/Jerwood Experience) is in the west gallery. Costumes by Eric Doughney, after Grevenbroeck.
- Daniel Barenboim Plays Beethoven – Piano Sonata No. 23 “Apassionata”
Daniel Barenboim plays Ludwig van Beethoven’s Piano Sonata No. 23 in F minor, Op. 57 (popularly known as the Appassionata, meaning “passionate” in Italian), one of the greatest and most technically challenging piano sonatas of the composer. From the Complete Beethoven Piano Sonatas (No. 1-32) cycle recorded 1983-84 by Barenboim.
- Maria Callas Sings Una Voce Poco Fa (Rossini), Hamburg, 1959
Maria Callas sings Una voce poco fa, Rosina’s aria from Il barbiere di Siviglia (The Barber of Seville), an opera buffa in two acts by Gioachino Rossini with an Italian libretto by Cesare Sterbini. Hamburg, 1959.
- Plácido Domingo & José Carreras – Non Ti Scordar Di Me (Don’t Forget About Me)
Plácido Domingo & José Carreras sings “Non Ti Scordar di Me (Don’t Forget About Me)”, for tribute to their friend Luciano Pavarotti. Prague Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Eugene Kochn.
- Arthur Rubinstein – Grieg – Piano Concerto in A Minor, Op 16
Polish American classical pianist Arthur Rubinstein plays the Piano Concerto in A minor, Op. 16, by Edvard Grieg. London Symphony Orchestra conducted by André Previn. Recorded in April 1975 at London’s Fairfield Hall.
- Vivaldi’s ‘Spring’, With Human Voices
The vocal quintet “Carmel A-Cappella” sings the first movement of Antonio Vivaldi’s “Spring” from the “Four Seasons”.
“Carmel A-Cappella” is a vocal quintet containing five female singers ensemble from Haifa, Israel, who specializes in unaccompanied polyphonic music (a-cappella). The musical director and arranger of the quintet is the musician Mrs. Shula Erez. Singers: Maya Goldsmith, Limor Yanovich, Inbar Hefter, Moran Shalev, Keren Jalon.
- Maria Callas Sings Habanera From Carmen
Maria Callas – “La Diva” sings Habanera from Georges Bizet’s 1875 opera Carmen. At Covent garden, 1962.
- Vivaldi – Four Seasons
Ahhh, Vivaldi and the beautiful Venice. These great videos of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons are probably some of the best classical music performances on the Internet. Enjoy.
- Maria Callas Sings Casta Diva From Norma (Bellini)
Maria Callas sings “Casta Diva” from Norma, Vincenzo Bellini’s 1831 opera in two acts. Paris, 1958. The opera is regarded as a leading example of the bel canto genre and a major soprano aria, “Casta diva”, in act 1, is one of the most famous of the nineteenth century. Maria Callas was a notable Norma of the post-war period.
- Schumann – Piano Concerto (Khatia Buniatishvili)
Georgian concert pianist Khatia Buniatishvili plays Robert Schumann’s Piano Concerto in A minor, Op. 54. Frankfurt Radio Symphony Orchestra conducted by Paavo Järvi. Rheingau Musik Festival 2012 Wiesbaden, Kurhaus; August 23, 2012.
Latest posts by M. Özgür Nevres (see all)
- Bach – Orchestral Suite No. 2 BWV 1067 (full) - October 14, 2019
- Bach: BWV 1067 Suite – Badinerie (Croatian Baroque Orchestra) - October 14, 2019
- Beethoven – Moonlight Sonata, 3rd Mvt. (Marnie Laird) - October 14, 2019