Conducted by the Dutch harpsichordist, organist and conductor Ton Koopman, the Mozarteum Orchester Salzburg performs Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Symphony No. 23 in D major, K. 181/162b. Video was recorded in 2002.
The piece was completed on May 19, 1773 in Salzburg. Despite the autograph score bears the title “Sinfonia” (symphony), it is sometimes called “Overture”. The symphony has the scoring of 2 oboes, 2 horns, 2 trumpets, and strings.
Mozart wrote the symphony as a single uninterrupted movement consisting of 3 distinct tempi:
- Allegro spiritoso, common time
- Andantino grazioso, 3/8
- Presto assai, 2/4
- Symphony No. 23 (Mozart) on wikipedia
- Mozart: Violin Concerto No. 3 (Jonian Ilias Kadesha) - January 16, 2022
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 9 with period instruments (Jordi Savall with Le Concert des Nations) (2021) - January 2, 2022
- Torelli: Trumpet Concerto in D Major (Voices of Music & Dominic Favia) - January 2, 2022