Accompanied by the Gimnazija Kranj Symphony Orchestra, the Slovenian clarinetist Nadja Drakslar performs Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Clarinet concerto in A major, K. 622. Conductor: Primož Zevnik. Recorded during the Gimnazija Kranj Great Christmas Concert, 2011.
The concerto was written in 1791, shortly before Mozart’s death, for the clarinetist and Mozart’s friend Anton Stadler (28 June 1753, Bruck an der Leitha – 15 June 1812, Vienna). It is one of Mozart’s latest works.
It consists of the usual three movements, in a fast–slow–fast form:
- Allegro (in A major and in sonata form)
- Adagio (in D major and in ternary form)
- Rondo: Allegro (in A major and in rondo form)
Latest posts by M. Özgür Nevres (see all)
- Bach – Orchestral Suite No. 2 BWV 1067 (full) - October 14, 2019
- Bach: BWV 1067 Suite – Badinerie (Croatian Baroque Orchestra) - October 14, 2019
- Beethoven – Moonlight Sonata, 3rd Mvt. (Marnie Laird) - October 14, 2019