John Williams plays the Venezuelan composer Antonio Carrillo’s (1892 – 1962) “Como llora una Estrella” (English: “As cries a star”). From the ceremony of the Edison Klassiek Award 2007, which Williams received. You can also watch the full ceremony below.
And the full award ceremony below. The programme is, with the starting times in the video:
- 4:55 Isaac Albéniz: Asturias (Leyenda)
- 7:20 Antonio Carrillo: Como llora una Estrella
- 17:35 Francis Bebey – Sangara (with the British jazz/fusion guitarist John Etheridge)
- Buying a grand piano: reasons why it’s worth it - February 27, 2021
- Bach – Concerto in A minor for four harpsichords, BWV 1065 (Netherlands Bach Society) - January 15, 2021
- Castelnuovo-Tedesco: Guitar Concerto No. 1 (Viloteau, Sala, and John Williams versions) - October 12, 2020