Excerpts from the 2013 Swiss documentary film directed by Richard Dindo: “Vivaldi in Venedig” (Vivaldi in Venice). The Venice Baroque orchestra, founded by Andrea Marcon (born in Treviso in 1963), performs religious and secular music composed by Vivaldi at a variety of magnificent places in Venice, illustrated with paintings by Canaletto and photographs of the beautiful Venice.
Pieces played (with the starting times in the video):
- 0:25 Concerto for two violoncellos, strings and basso continuo in G minor (RV 531), the second movement (Largo). Soloist (cello): Francesco Galligioni.
- 4:24 Piccolo Concerto in C major, RV 443, the second movement (Largo). Soloist (Flautino -piccolo-): Anna Fusek.
Latest posts by M. Özgür Nevres (see all)
- Stutzmann & Jaroussky – Recording Handel duet “Son nata a lagrimar” - September 14, 2019
- Bach: Harpsichord Concerto No.1 (Jean Rondeau) - August 24, 2019
- Bach – Matthäus Passion: Erbarme dich (Guillon) - August 4, 2019