Conducted by Herbert von Karajan, Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra (Berliner Philharmoniker) plays Ludwig van Beethoven’s Symphony No. 1 in C major, Op. 21.
The symphony was published in 1801 and was dedicated to Baron Gottfried van Swieten, an early patron of the German composer.
There are 4 movements:
- Adagio molto – Allegro con brio, 4/4 – 2/2
- Andante cantabile con moto, 3/8 in F major
- Menuetto: Allegro molto e vivace, 3/4
- Adagio – Allegro molto e vivace, 2/4
- Beethoven – Symphony No. 1 on Wikipedia